The first teaching Marist Brothers came to Fiji in 1888. Their task was to teach the children of European settlers. Yet, by the turn of the century, they had opened two schools for indigenous Fijians and one for the Indian population in Suva, who had until then no opportunity available to them for education. Since 1888 the brothers have taught in Suva, Cawaci, Naililili, Wairiki, Napuka and Savarekareka.
The Marist Brothers currently have five educational institutions in Suva:
Marist Brothers High School - Flagstaff
Marist Brothers Primary School - Suva
St. Marcellin Primary School - Vatuwaqa
Champagnat Institute - a special needs vocational school at Vatuwaqa
Marcellin's Angels - a kindergarten at Vatuwaqa.
These schools come under the auspices of the Fiji Marist Brothers Trust Board and are strengthened by a strong core of dedicated Champagnat Marist men and women.
The District Noviciate is also located in Fiji at Lomeri. This is about one hours drive from Suva on the road to Nadi.
Marist Brothers' High School
21 Carew Street
GPO Box 18183
PO Box 5448
Marist Brothers’ Novitiate
PO Box 268
Is there something wrong with the information on this website? Tell us